Julie Miller, MC, LPC, LISAC
EMDR Institute Regional Trainer
Trauma Recovery/EMDR Humanitarian Assistance Programs Trainer
EMDR Institute Facilitator
EMDRIA Approved Consultant
Certified EMDR Therapist
- Julie is a local trainer available to trainees on an on-going basis
- Julie provides in-person consultation hours to trainees in Tucson, not by phone or online
- Julie was personally trained by Dr. Francine Shapiro, originator of EMDR therapy
- Approved by the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA) for basic training through the EMDR Institute, Dr. Shapiro’s original training program
- Julie runs a local EMDR no-fee study group for on-going consultation
Julie is an EMDR Trainer of basic and advanced applications of EMDR therapy. She is an EMDRIA Approved Consultant and Certified EMDR Therapist in Tucson, Arizona. She has a private practice and specializes in trauma, addiction, and working with first responders. She is an international and national speaker on advanced uses of EMDR, including EMDR and Complex Trauma, EMDR and Addiction, Preventing PTSD through Early EMDR Interventions, and EMDR with First Responders. Julie provides consultation for EMDR therapists in advanced uses of EMDR along with consultation for completion of basic training. Julie is a volunteer for the Arizona Trauma Recovery Network, providing pro bono early EMDR training and clinical intervention in communities facing disaster and crisis. Along with a colleague, Julie founded the EMDR Center of Tucson, LLC, to provide advanced EMDR training in Southern Arizona.
Comments made by previous training participants (2017 & 2018 trainings):
- Julie did a fantastic job making the material relevant.
- Fantastic! I learned a ton in such a short amount of time, because of Julie’s examples and practical information. Easy to understand and open to questions.
- Extremely helpful feedback – especially when stuck. Non-judgmental and kind!
- Julie did an excellent job!
- Excellent job! Very knowledgeable.
- Very insightful, friendly, professional.
- Very thorough; clear that she has a handle on the concepts – awesome and helpful.
- Coaching skills were excellent – gentle, informative, very open to questions – a very positive experience.
- I really enjoyed her as a trainer. She was clear, concise, patient and to-the-point.
- Provided timely and useful feedback.
- Kept group engaged, offered good suggestions and feedback.
- Offered good solutions and feedback.
- Julie is a great trainer; very informative.
- Very informed – knows her stuff.
- Julie did a great job!
- Julie is very disarming and genuine. She is very knowledgeable and patient.
- Very insightful. Provided real world experience.
- Very good presenter. Really knows the topic. Friendly, calm, able to keep things moving, but also stop for questions.
- Great trainer.
- Julie helped me without being critical.
- Knowledge was well relayed.
- Very well versed, engaging and enthusiastic.